The school has achieved the Healthy Schools award, Activemark, Inclusion Now award, Basic Skills Quality Mark and is now a National Support School.
We have been awarded the Quality Mark from The Basic Skills Agency.
The Primary Quality Mark 10 Elements are: -
- A whole school strategy and planning to improve performance in basic skills
- An analysis of the assessment of pupil performance in basic skills
- Target setting for the improvement of the school's performance in basic skills
- Basic skills improvement planning for pupils under-attaining and/or under-achieving
- Regular review of the progress made by pupils under-attaining and/or under-achieving in basic skills
- A commitment to improving the skills of staff to teach and extend basic skills
- The use of a range of teaching approaches and learning styles to improve basic skills
- The use of appropriate teaching and learning materials to improve basic skills
- The involvement of parents and carers in developing their child's basic skills
- An effective procedure for monitoring planning and assessing improvement in performance in basic skills
Activemark and Activemark Gold is an accreditation scheme for the primary sector that recognises and rewards a school for its commitment to promoting the benefits of physical activity and offering good physical activity provision. The programme provides schools with a thorough auditing and development tool to help raise the standard of physical activity provision